Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Aftermath


The Shocker…

For a long time, I’ve contemplated if I wanted to share what I’m about to, simply because it’s personal and sort of a private matter. But then I thought to myself, this is what my blog is all about, this is what I created to help girls and other people like myself. At the time I started my blog, I didn’t quite know where it was headed, or where I was headed. I didn’t know if I was going to share a lot of things I’ve done, did or was going to do in the future simply because I didn’t know what the outcomes were going to be. I want to keep this piece very simple and to the point: I did in fact… have sex. Yes, I, the virgin queen, lost my virginity. It’s been a few months now and all I can say is, I’m happy, I’m not at all regretful or ashamed. All I can say is, it was a learning experience, it was life and some people are “upset” and or a little “disappointed.” But let’s look at some of the factors:

1.      It was going to happen someday, I mean I would like to get married and have kids... eventually!

2.      I’m 23 years old.

3.      I didn’t do it with some random person. We’ve known one another for almost 10 years and built a “relationship” but that’s another blog.

4.      It was going to happen someday, I am 23!

To all the people who were routing for me, applauding me for holding out so long, thank you. Thank you for your words of encouragement and support. And for the girls who were virgins, reading and also supporting my blog, don’t give up. Don’t stop waiting if that’s what YOU want. If YOU want to wait until YOU’RE married, then do that. If YOU want to wait for someone who is going to love and admire the ground YOU walk on, not that my ex didn’t, then do that. Don’t feel discouraged because I gave mine away, you have to live for YOU because I did it for me. My boyfriend at the time did not pressure me, he didn’t rush or persuade me. I was ready. Pont, black, period.

The Aftermath…

“Losing” my virginity wasn’t what I expected. For a while and still to this day, I believe and feel like it wasn’t as big of a deal as I made it out to be. I know, I know, after all the blogs that’s been leading up to this moment, don’t be so shocked. I didn’t feel the sentimental effect of it that society and your friends will say you’ll feel. I didn’t feel an emotional attachment which is shocking considering the fact that we formed a relationship afterwards. What I can say is, I did feel happier about us, we got reconnected, and at one point, I guess I did love him a little more as time went on. But not because we had sex, but because I’ve known him practically half my life, and for us to be on a right track for once, I let my guard all the way down. I won’t get into too much detail about why we broke up in this blog, but what I can say for now is, my love for him and us, got taken for granted at least that’s how I feel. But despite that, I still don’t regret my decisions.
Peace and Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment